JAMA Psychiatry publishes innovative, clinically relevant research that covers the field broadly, from genetic mechanisms to psychotherapeutic intervention trials, and offers an author-friendly approach from manuscript submission through publication.
Prompt Decisions & Rapid Publication Timelines
- Every submission to JAMA Psychiatry undergoes prompt, rigorous review by our experienced editors.
- Time to first decision: decision to review as low as within 1 day; most editorial decisions within 50 days of submission
- Online First publication of all research articles
- Online First manuscripts: acceptance to publication within 8-11 weeks
- Highly selective peer review and editorial evaluation, with 16% acceptance rate for research manuscripts
- Of papers sent for external peer review, 37% accepted
Impact & Reach
- Impact Factor of 13.77; 5-year citation impact factor of 14.46
- Worldwide reach: accessed and used by readers in more than 200 countries
- 27 million annual online visits to The JAMA Network
- Extensive press coverage, with news releases of major articles distributed each week to more than 5000 journalists worldwide International authors: almost 60% of submissions come from outside the United States
- Enhanced reader access through author audio and video interviews, e-mail alerts, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, and Topic Collections
- The JAMA Network Reader app, an app that integrates content across the entire JAMA Network of journals and is accessible from any device
- JAMA Psychiatry offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Prompt, expert review and consideration from our experienced editors
- Highest standards followed to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- CME credit available for lead authors who publish in JAMA Psychiatry
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with video and audio
- No fees: no submission, page, or color charges
- Free access: All Original Investigations are freely available on the day of publication in The JAMA Network Reader and 12 months after publication on the journal's website
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online, track your published article’s online use and citations, and download your articles’ tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have their papers referred to JAMA Psychiatry
For more information, see JAMA Psychiatry Instructions for Authors. submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jamapsych.com.