JAMA Psychiatry publishes innovative, clinically relevant research that covers the field broadly, from genetic mechanisms to psychotherapeutic intervention trials.
Prompt Decisions & Rapid Publication Timelines
Every submission to JAMA Psychiatry undergoes prompt, rigorous review by our experienced editors.
- Time to first decision: initial decision without review, 2 days (median); with review, 36 days (median)
- Online First publication of all research articles
- Online First manuscripts: acceptance to publication within 10 weeks
- Highly selective peer review and editorial evaluation, with 9% acceptance rate for research articles
Impact & Reach
- Impact Factor of 14.4, ranking highest among the major psychiatry journals
- 33 million annual online visits to The JAMA Network
- Over 40,000 psychiatrists receive weekly electronic alerts from JAMA Psychiatry
- More than 2 million annual visits to JAMA Psychiatry website with 3.4 million annual article views and downloads
- Extensive press coverage with 14,650 media mentions in 2015 in news outlets such as New York Times and Washington Post
- International authors: over 50% of submissions come from outside the United States
- Number of citations, Altmetric score, article views and downloads tracked for your published article
- Broad reach through author audio and video interviews, email alerts, Twitter, Facebook, and Topic Collections
- 125,000 registered users of The JAMA Network Reader, an app that integrates content across the entire JAMA Network of journals and is accessible from any device
JAMA Psychiatry offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Prompt, expert review and consideration from our experienced editors
- Highest standards followed to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- CME credit available for lead authors who publish in JAMA Psychiatry
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with video and audio
- No author fees: no submission, page, color, or publication charges
- Free access: all Original Investigations are freely available on the day of publication on the JAMA Network Reader and 12 months after publication on the journal's website
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online, track your published article’s online use and citations, and download your article's tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have their papers referred to JAMA Psychiatry
For more information, see JAMA Psychiatry Instructions for Authors. Submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jamapsych.com.